Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Great music with reformend theology

Two of my friends, Maartin Kenter and Pastor Scott Wilkenson just released their long awaited music CD.

They call themselves the Regenerates. Nice name I thought.

The CD is great on two accounts.  One, the music is good.  Scott's guitar playing and Maarten’s singing are well done; Two, the lyrics, and the stories and theology they tell is solid.   They even sing a song about predestination!  When was the last time you heard someone sing about predestination?

My favorite song is "Covenant Girl."  Actually, our whole family loves it...especially my son Matthew who has just started courting a girl and went through the steps the song lays out.  Here are the lyrics...

Covenant Girl

I've had my eye on you, your inner beauty shines likes beam of light
Could this be really true, the one I've prayed for, am I your Mr. Right?
And so I ponder, in my heart, my head caught up in the clouds


I think I know a beautiful girl, Is she the one God has for me?
Oh, yeah, I've met a covenant girl, so far I like what I can see 


I know her father well, he’ll wanna make me tell him, how I’ll support a wife
He’ll wanna know what is my only comfort, both in death and life
And if he trusts me, He’ll ask his girl and see if she is agreed


I think I know a beautiful girl, she's got a walk that makes me glad,
Oh yeah, I know a covenant girl, I'm gonna go and see her dad.


 *Phone Conversation*

I can't believe it's true All my fears are through, your father said OK
These months of seeing you have shown your virtue true, I love you more than I can say
So I ask you, take my hand and be my covenant wife
Here is the website. I heartily say, "check it out."

http://www.theregenerates.com/index.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to blog that one.